February 11 - The Feast of Our Lady of Lourdes
Photo by Caroline Hernandez on Unsplash
1. PRAY THE ROSARYOur Lady of Lourdes appeared to St. Bernadette in Lourdes, France. She was "dressed in a white robe, girded at the waist with a blue ribbon. She wore upon her head a white veil which gave just a glimpse of hair. Her feet were bare but covered by the last folds of her robe and a yellow rose was upon each of them. She held on her right arm a rosary of white beads with a chain of gold shining like the two roses on her feet." Mary hopes for nothing more than for us to become closer to her son, Jesus. Praying the rosary is a beautiful way to do just that.
One of my favorite ways to pray the rosary is through the Hallow app.
How to pray the rosary
For your kids:
Download our free coloring page to teach them about praying the rosary
You can also download our free Mysteries of the Rosary Cards
2. BLESS YOUR LIFE WITH HEALING WATER
- Be mindful to drink the recommended 8-11 glasses of water today.
- Break out the holy water and bless yourself before you leave the house for the day. If you have kids, let them do this, too.
- Take a bath.
- Bless your home with holy water.
Photo by K. Mitch Hodge on Unsplash
3. LEARN MORE ABOUT HER STORY
Read about Bernadette, the apparitions, and the miracles of Our Lady of Lourdes on the grotto’s official website.
4. PRAY TO GOD FOR HEALING
Reflect on the wounds in your life, whether physical, emotional, or spiritual.
Invite God into that space and pray to him for healing.
Pray the Our Lady of Lourdes healing prayer. And reach out to a friend and ask them to pray over you for your special intention.
Our Lady of Lourdes healing prayer:
O ever-Immaculate Virgin, Mother of Mercy, Health of the sick, Refuge of sinners, Comforter of the afflicted, you know my wants, my troubles, my sufferings. Look with mercy on me. By appearing in the Grotto of Lourdes, you were pleased to make it a privileged sanctuary, where you dispense your favors; and where many sufferers have obtained the cure of their infirmities, both spiritual and corporal. I come, therefore, with unbounded confidence to implore your maternal intercession. Obtain, O loving Mother, the grant of my requests. (mention your petition) Through gratitude for your favors, I will endeavor to imitate your virtues, that I may one day share your glory. Amen.
Here’s another prayer specific for healing that I love:
Lord, You invite all who are burdened to come to you. Allow your healing Hand to heal me. Touch my soul with Your compassion for others; Touch my heart with Your courage and infinite Love for all; Touch my mind with Your Wisdom, And may my mouth always proclaim Your praise. Teach me to reach out to You in all my needs, And help me to lead others to You by my example. Most loving Heart of Jesus, bring me health in body and spirit that I may serve You will all my strength. Touch gently this life which you have created, now and forever. Amen.
5. LISTEN TO OUR SPOTIFY PLAYLIST
SHOP THE OUR LADY OF LOURDES SALE for 20% off all Marian products
Use code: lourdes2022
sale ends 2/11/2022 at midnight PDT